Thanks to my friend Dave Mitchell for nominating me for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge! Who knew it could get so chilly at the
- Amytrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is also known as motor neurone disease or Lou Gehrig’s disease
- It is a neurodegenerative disease with various causes. It is characterised by muscle spasms, muscle atrophy, and difficulty speaking, swallowing, and breathing.
- The disease affects over 30,000 in North America
- Famous patients include baseball legend Lou Gehrig, guitarist Jason Becker, and physicist Stephen Hawking
- Donations support ALS research can be made at www.als.ca or www.alsa.org
Please support this worthy cause!